- Thaw cookie dough to “cool” condition. Preheat oven to 335 degrees F. Dough makes 16 “large” size cookies, 32 “medium” size cookies, or 64 “small” size cookies.
- Using an ice cream disher, scoop dough into balls (golf or ping pong ball size). Arrange on pan. For “medium” size cookies, cut that ball in half. For “small” size cookies, cut the portion in half again. Cut portions can be “shaped” by hand for better/ round appearance after baking.
- When baking Sugar, Snickerdoodle, Lemon Crunch, or Molasses cookies, press cut portions into supplied sugar mixture before baking. For Peanut Butter cookies, press tops of portions with a fork to add texture. When baking Shortbread cookies, “flatten” balls with a textured instrument. (a meat mallet works great). Be sure to coat the surface of the instrument with table sugar before pressing each portion down flat.
- Bake “large” size cookies 18 to 22 minutes checking often to avoid over baking.
- Bake “medium” size cookies 10 to 15 minutes checking often to avoid over baking.
- Bake “small” size cookies 8 to 12 minutes checking often to avoid over baking.
- Cookies are done baking when edges are slightly brown.
- Bake Shortbread Cookies a little longer to obtain the desired “crispiness” and sprinkle with table sugar upon removing from oven.
- Shaping Dough: Roll a third of the package to 1/4 inch thickness on a smooth floured surface. Cut shapes, place on pan, and bake until edges are slightly brown. Cool and decorate with buttercream or royal icing.
- Cool cookies before serving. Store uneaten portions in closed container.
Recipe idea: Place a “large” scoop of dough in a 3 inch ramekin dish and bake for 18 – 20 minutes. Remove from oven, slightly cool, and add ice cream on top.
Questions: Please call us at 949-367-0100